Wednesday, February 15, 2012

BEP Round 3 Day 16

TRANSFUSION DAY

So interesting day, I can't say I am all that happy that I have to get a transfusion because of all the risks etc associated with it but I NEED it so I didn't have much choice.  Some cool pics for you guys, first the "whole blood" they put in me 2 bags worth.
Then the platelets I needed since I was dropping so low.


Then me getting the stuff put in me via my port, they pump it in very very slow like 1/5 of the speed of my chemo treatments that's why it takes like 2.5 hours per bag.  I have to say I feel bad for that blood, it was minding its own business then it got dropped into a freaking war zone of death and chemo! hahahahah



All in all the infusion experience was interestingly dichotomous when taken from the perceptive of a chemo patient.  Think about this, for chemo I go in feeling better normally than I do leaving (yes yes ignoring pre-meds I mean in general).. ie chemo treatments are putting poisons in me my body has to fight.  however with an infusion, they are putting GOOD stuff in me that helps me and makes me feel better.. each bag.. each hour I was in there I felt better and better.  So while I didn't really want the transfusion to begin with.. it certainly helped me.  I feel so much better now, I can stand up and not have a headache.  I can go up and down the stairs like a normal person and not have my heart race and be out of breath like I just ran a marathon... its been nice.






3 comments:

  1. Baby, I so wish that this was over for you. You're going to make it for sure, I just wish that you could "fast forward" through it and get on with your life. You are in my thoughts every second of my waking hours, and often in my dreams as well. I love you very much. Keep your spirits up and give Jenn a kiss for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep fighting the good fight Mike! I am drinking a Coconut Porter from the Maui Brewing Company tonight for you. When you wrap up the chemo beers are on me.

      Delete
  2. hoping you feel better soon wishing life was back to normal for you soon keep your spirits up i know that you are strong enough to defeat this and seems you have a great support group

    ReplyDelete