Wednesday, February 1, 2012

BEP Round 3 Day 3

Sorry I haven't posted yet, not feeling so hot today. Very tired and nausea has set in a day early. Also the pain in my fingers is worse and this morning blowing my nose had blood involved. I will update later with more details etc for now I need to relax and sleep
Here's a pic since I forgot yesterday :





6:30am O:2 P:2 N:4 T:4
Woke up this morning not feeling so hot overall, my fingers are hurting more than yesterday as well.  Seems like the nausea has set in a day early this round so that's not fun.  And of course I am tired because sleeping never fully recovers me once I get into this later stage portion of the hell week.


8:30am O:2 P:2 N:3 T:2
Here are the chemo center, fingers feel a bit better and just being up and about has taken down my tiredness a bit. I did have yet a new symptom this morning.  My Allegra hasn't been holding my allergies 100% at bay so I had some sniffle-y nose and coughing this morning, however when I blew my nose it had blood in it... and not just 1 time but like 6-8 times of blowing each time had blood in it something else to talk to the nurse about.  No headache though today so far which is good.


12:30pm O:2 P:1 N:3 T:6
I was knocked out by the Benadryl this morning, I couldn't fight it so I slept for at least 1.5 hours in the chair.  They re-ran my blood counts mostly just to check my platelets to make sure they weren't crashing (that can cause the blood coming out of my nose).  They were "normal" for me, in the 80s range which is low but that's what I have hung around at during chemo.  My WBC is still ok, but my red and hemoglobin is pretty low.  Dr. says not to worry too much about it since we have no baseline for comparison we have never drawn my blood MID hell week so there is no telling what the numbers mean.  Jenn and I are going to focus on some high iron/high vitamin C things (C helps you absorb iron) over the next few days until monday as much as I can since my stomach isnt' going to let me eat much.  If I drop below 8 on my hemo they will have to give me a transfusion which I really would rather NOT do.  All-in-all a fun day chemo wise, lots of things to keep us on our toes.  We are going to do some shopping and, while my blood counts are good WBC wise we are gonna grab a yummy burger from Ruggles Green which has great organic meats etc.  I will update later, but i think I am going to have to charge this day off to "sick time" cause I can't see me getting anything done.  I really really need to do something for a guy at work though before monday so I am going to try my best to do that at some point!!!


4:10pm O:1 P:3 N:2 T:2
Feeling much better overall, the food helped and I am gonna try and get lots of iron/vitiamin C over the next few days.  We picked up some supplies to that end, and we will be trying to boost my blood counts so I don't have to do a transfusion Monday.  The tiredness and nausea are mild but enough to make me not be of much use moving around doing things.  The pain is pretty bad in my fingers when I use them, though typing so far seems to be ok as long as I take light strokes and only type for 15-20 minutes at a time.  Afterwards they are a bit sore but otherwise not bad.  I am hoping the pain doesn't get much worse, doing simple daily tasks sucks with them like this.  Last round when my pinkies went numb from the Plat that went away by the end of the 2nd week so I am hoping this does the same thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment