Tuesday, December 20, 2011

BEP Round 1 Day 2

I had some issues with the web interface on my Xoom, and the android app is a bit limited on how it allows you to do updates to existing posts (stupid inline HTML tags which are hard to touch type on a screen).  Anyway I am going to just post in pieces throughout the day but I am going to maintain the actual log in a separate file and just update as I go pasting into the app.  See if that makes it easier.  Also, the web interface doesn't get androids spelling auto correct which I seriously NEED.
7am - P:0 N:0 T:0
     So woke up this morning and honestly I feel 100%  Now granted I probably slept (due to the Benadryl 14 hours at least yesterday if not longer).  However I do fell good, that nasty taste is still there but its much less pronounced.  I am sure it will get stronger throughout the day.  I made my self a egg and bacon bagel sandwich for breakfast and it was yummy (figure i would take advantage of the lack of bad taste in my mouth). I am also changing up my bag of goodies I am bringing today.  I am NOT going to bring my laptop at all because I have the Xoom and my phone and honestly I never had a need to get it out.. and its kinda heavy anyway. I am going to talk to the nurses today about just re-accessing my port each day.  Its only like 10 seconds of pain when they poke me, and instead the left the whole thing in me and taped it all up.  It has been so itchy and just a pain in the butt all day its like the size of a tennis ball nearly urgh.  We will see what they say, 10 seconds of pain vs a whole day of this crap I will take the former.  I am also going to see if they will try a half dose of Benadryl and see if I can handle the Etoposide... the Dr said I should get better with my reaction after each doze and WOW does that crud knock me out all day.  My session doesn't start until 9:30am so I will cya guys later!
10am - P:0 N:0 T:0
      Started the pre meds. We downed the dosage of Benadryl to 25mg from 50mg yesterday to see how I react. The 50 made me worthless through most of the day so maybe this will be less intense but still be enough to keep away the reaction from the Etoposide.
11:30 - P:0 N:2 T:4
       Benadryl is certainly there but its not as strong as yesterday. About to finish the platinum, and switch to the etoposide. We are going to start at a slower speed at first since I am doing a lower dose of the Benedryl. Seems to be working well, we are going to up the speed now.
12:00 - P:0 N:4 T:4
        \0/ running at the 400mlph speed on the lower dose of Benadryl and doing fine. Nausea is up, a bit hard to explain really. The medicine/metal taste is much stronger and my stomach is more bubbly. Ground up cruddy medicine and flakes of aluminum foil swirling around in your mouth.. that's the best way I can describe it.  Back to "Lets Golf 3 HD" which rocks on the Xoom btw!
2:00 - P:0 N:2 T:2
        That's all folks, all done with day 2.  Everything went great.. I had a little bit of a flush to my chest toward the end of the Etoposide but since I was actually able to FUNCTION on the 25mg instead of the 50mg dose of Benadryl I am going to try and stick with that.  Doctor says that I might even be able to go off it totally once my body gets used to it.  Anyway, another great thing.. I got them to remove the "harness" from my port.  They left it in last time because it keeps them from having to stick me every day to access it.  But honestly its bulky and the bandage is all in the way and itchy so I would rather have it this way.

Pic of a victory over day 2!


And picture of my port today, some bruising but all in all its looking much better!



I will post a summary at the end of the day but right now I feel perfectly fine aside from the left over sleepiness from the Benadryl but its not too strong maybe a 3-4.


7:00pm - P:0 N:1 T:8
      So, I just woke up.  I had no idea I had fallen asleep and the last thing I remember was at ~3:30pm to 4ish.  So either the Benadryl kicked in a bit or my chemo session today caught up with me.  My guess is that I was out for at least 2.5 hours maybe longer.  Since I have been drinking a huge amount of fluids missing that many hours has made my mouth super dry and nasty tasting.  So I am trying to alleviate that with lots of water. So odd because my last post I felt 100% fine just with some lingering mild tiredness.  Guess that goes to show you when you are doing chemo, especially the first "hell weeks" your body can give out at any point and shut down.  I am starting to feel better, drinking water etc and my temp did go up a bit while I was asleep ~1.2 degrees (remember I had my Bleo yesterday so that's not unexpected) I may have missed my Tylenol dosage depending on how long as I was out so I went ahead and took that and I will check it again in an hour or so and see if it fell. Never a dull moment!!!

===== Day Summary =====
Decent overall day, my reaction to the Etoposide was controlled with a lighter dose of Benadryl which helped me not be dead to the world all day.  I have a few small instances of nausea but again I think keeping on my med dose schedule EVEN when I don't feel I need it is doing wonders.  I did have an instance where later in the day I just passed out for a few hours.  That could have been from the Benadryl or maybe just from the chemo in general.  As the night progressed I felt worse and worse, sort of like the flu.  Body ache, and smells etc would set off nausea, and I feel all over tired.  Nothing specific but I don't feel well, if I wasn't going through Chemo/Cancer i would think I am sick so not sure how to deal with it.  Hopefully I will feel better in the morning for Day 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment