Saturday, December 24, 2011

Xmas Eve - No Chemo

I wanted to throw together a short post for today for all of you that have been following and wishing me well.

10:00am O:2 P:0 N:2 T:3
I have pretty much slept since my last post. My wife woke me up to take pills when I needed too but aside from that I wasn't able to do much but sleep. I have never been so tired. The good news is that I am feeling better this morning, I think the Dex really helped with the nausea there was a point last night where I probably peaked around an 8-9 and really did nearly throw up (sorry not a pleasant xmas time picture). However, getting close to 13 hours sleep and staying medicated seems to have really helped me turn the corner. I have began to realize a pattern in my chemo days where I wake up cruddy, get premeds and feel better, go home "decent" for the first few hours then as things wear off it gets bad at night. Last night was no exception and it was the worst yet. However with a few days off chemo, hopefully I can get some strength back before my next Bleo treatment (which should be a walk in the part compared to the week long E/P sessions).

TIP. For all of you out there that are going to have to go through this, the biggest tip I can give you today is that you need someone with you that cares about you and will take care of you through times like I just had over the last 16 hours. My wife is that person for me, and I wouldn't be able to make it through this without her... help is ok even for us guys that don't like asking for it :-P

I am not sure if I will post again today or not, if I don't Merry Xmas to you all and thanks for all the prayers/well wishings/and good thoughts my way! A part of me knows the worst part of this chemo round is over and the next 3 weeks should be much easier... but at the same time I know I have 2 more full rounds of this to get through and chemo is cumulative meaning that rounds 2 & 3 will be harder on me... fingers crossed but with my wife's support and maybe some new meds from my Dr I will make it through the other side of this!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing job kicking ass this week mike! enjoy the down time and break for christmas. Merry christmas to u and urs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just learned of your battle Mike. Your Uncle Russ and I love you and miss you. We are betting on you to win this thing, but know you will have to go a few more rounds. Just know that you have people in Oklahoma praying for you. Give Jenn a hug - she's a keeper! Aunt Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! Merry Christmas to you. I will be starting BEP the first week of January and your blog has been the most informative and insightful regarding chemo (specifically BEP), thanks for doing this and stay strong.

    ReplyDelete