Wednesday, December 28, 2011

BEP Round 1 Day 9

Brief post today I mostly just wanted to talk about "tiredness".  So over the last couple of days I have started to feel a bit more normal, that is not like I am assaulting my body with deadly chemicals on a daily basis with one exception.  Yesterday, I was feeling fine so I thought we could take a little trip to pick up some things with xmas money, felt fine driving there, but as I walked into the store I got more and more tired.  By the time we got to the back of the store (maybe a couple hundred yards) I felt like I had run a marathon.  Similar thing today, I felt fine when I woke up almost like it was any other day... then I started moving around the house doing regular things and BAM I had to sit down because I was exhausted like I had worked outside digging ditches for 5 hours. So that brings me to my tip for today:

TIP: When you are on your off weeks, PACE YOUR SELF.  Even if you feel like you have a normal amount of energy your reserves are very low.  Don't over do it!  Honestly I feel like I am 80 years old and getting up to run to the store for a gallon of milk or something is a huge production because I might have to take a breather.

As the week goes on, and as my stomach starts settling (its better btw but not perfect yet) and I am getting more food hopefully this will all fade away too but just keep in mind to yourself if you are going through this.  Your body is fighting a lot right now, cancer, chemo fighting the cancer, and just overall tiredness from a different nutrition spread than you are probably used to eating.  So take it easy!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update today. Great tips.
    Do you find that you are mentally exhausted as well as physically? I am curious about your thoughts at this point in the treatment on the ability to work from home? I do software support which would allow me to work from home.
    Looking forward to your upcoming posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a software engineer, so I will know more about some tips related to your question next week when I try and start working from home... however as of right now I don't feel mentally exhausted. I did some emails etc for work yesterday and it was nice to think about work stuff again and take my mind off of all this crud. But I have yet to really get back into the "thick" of things work wise which should happen in the first couple of weeks of January and I will be sure to post tips/experiences about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are feeling better, even if you are a bit tired. Just remember to take it easy when you get ready to move -- can you spread it out and pack a box a day?? :-) You're doing great, and we are praying that you, Jenn, the doctors and other medical professionals will be able to find all the right answers. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your in my prayers. I know your strong and will keep fighting. Keep up the post so we know what is going on.

    ReplyDelete