Thursday, December 22, 2011

BEP Round 1 Day 4

Morning all, not feeling so hot today gonna keep this first post short.
7:30am - O:4 P:2 N:4 T:3
Well I am going to attribute a lot of this to me, sleeping past 5 Med reminders. I mean they went off, I saw them.. I press snooze and went back to bed. I did that nearly half a dozen times on some of them so i don't have anyone but me to blame for missing them. The "sleepy mind" isn't always the most rational :-P . One of which, my nausea one, I am over a hour behind on and other one is my Ativan which plays into the "feel good" and nausea side of things. Goes to show. "Wake up and take your meds Earnest!" Anyway, today is a later session it doesn't start until 11am so I thought I would sleep in. I took everything and I am going to try and eat something small and lay back down for an hour or so. Still a but worried that I don't have my ememd to predose today with but we will see how that's goes. Btw if you notice this is the first day in a while I have put a "pain" rating again. Abdominal pain is back BUT I am hoping its related to "other" items I have yet to complete this morning =-O.
8:15am - O:4 P:0 N:5 T:3
I was starving but I couldn't really stomach much. So I had 1 Amy's burrito over the course of about an hour and a half one bite at a time. That's all I could do and "keep it down"
9:25am - O:3 P:0 N:3 T:2
So the hospital just called me, and apparently even though the printout WE have shows 11am for my treatment someone changed it to 8:30am. So they called wanting to know where I was. Urgh, I hadn't taken a shower or really gotten ready in fact I was laying down for another little nap when they called. Jenn also has to drive all the way back from work ~40 minutes to come with me... all of that was fine when we planned it to happen at 11am. Oh well, roll with the punches I guess. She is on her way now, and I am ~ready to go, wish I could have eased into it a bit more but C'est la vie.
10:45am - O:4 P:0 N:4 T:2
Just got started with the pre meds. Yesterday these perked me up, I am hoping for a similar reaction today.
1:15pm - O:2 P:0 N:1 T:5
Sorry no updates but I have slept most of today. I came in wiped out and the Benadryl did me in. Good news is I feel much better over all. I am obviously still quite tired but my nausea is very low. I think the premed stuff really works well. Wish the stuff I had at home was that good.  Well my guess is after I am done I will be taking a nap at home too. I will post later though.
3:40pm O:2 P:0 N:1 T:3
So unfortunately mouth sores have set in. I am done for the day but I noticed my tongue felt odd and checked it before we left and its covered in sores. They don't hurt yet but the doctor came down to check and he said they will if I don't take care of them asap. So time to gargle lots of salt water and bakimg soda. I also have the "magic mouthwash" so hoping we can get this under control NOW.  Today was so so, I figured this pose would accurately represent the outcome :-P

Not for the faith of heart perhaps but here are my sores, we will get them under control though!
So I used the magic mouth wash and it did help but it also numbed my whole freaking mouth and lips and everything HAHAAH perhaps overkill for this stage.  I will stick to gargling salt water and baking soda for now.  I think since I slept most of today's treatment and woke up a few times to snack etc but never brushed my teeth in between that's what made this worse.  I just need to be more diligent about after every time I eat I brush and do a mouthwash.

8pm - O:4 P:0 N:5 T:3
So after all my gargling etc my tongue really isn't that much better. I got a couple of new nausea meds one I can spread between my Zofran called Phenergan so we will see how that works. Then another we can bring in as "big guns" if I am still having issues Dexamethasone.  Now that Dex is part of my pre-meds and my nurse thinks its one of the ones that's pulling me back from the "blah" in the morning to feeling better.  However because of its potency my Dr doesn't want me using it unless I need too (odd that I am getting it in my pre-meds already but hey he's the Dr. :-P )  As for my overall "feeling" I don't feel much better than I did my last update.  I am really really hungry, but nothing is appetizing and everything is hard to eat/keep down.  I would love to take a big yummy bite of something but I know that 5-10 minutes later I would feel like crap because of it.  Sorry this wasn't a more positive post, however one good thing to look forward to is that tomorrow is the LAST DAY of this "hell week" round so if I can just maintain this level of crappiness for a few more days then I should start getting better mid next week.  Here's hoping!

5 comments:

  1. hope you day goes well. I will being praying for you Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing GREAT! Almost time for a break. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you have for breakfast today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audrey, I still don't know how to reply to a comment but I added my breakfast in there for you. Basically I couldn't keep more than a bite of something down at a time. So I zapped a burrito (for the calories/protein/fat) and just took a bite.. waited 10-15 minutes then took another one and slowly ate it over a bit over an hour. That was probably the most calories I have gotten today. Its hard when I am very hungry but I know anything I eat will make me feel horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Team PTP sending happy thoughts your way to start the day and finish the week strong. Fight hard!

    ReplyDelete