Wednesday, January 4, 2012

BEP Round 1 Day 16

Not sure if I call this "Round 1" still since its over technically but Round 2 doesn't start until Monday so... i will just keep counting these as Round 1 days.

2:30pm O:2 P:4 N:0 T:0
So I wanted to let you guys know that I am having some pretty bad back pain.  Not sure if its directly related to the neulasta shots or not but it is uncomfortable.  I have been working from home over the last several days and this chair isn't that comfortable so it could be just that but I will keep an eye on it.  Overall I still feel fine though, not even tired today so that's a plus.

4:00pm O:2 P:5 N:0 T:0
I just confirmed with someone I know from work who also had these neulasta shots and my back pain is from them.  Its pretty bad hard to concentrate almost, and he said he only had 1 of the shots... and I am going to have 7 of them!!! AAaaaah

4:20pm O:2 P:6 N:0 T:0
Just talked with the nurse, apparently Claritin helps so I am going to try that. And he said I can alternate between acetominophen and ibuprofen.. and use a heating pad.  However, I have a couple Vicodin left from my surgery and I took one of those about an hour or so ago and it doesn't seem to be helping either so I am not sure if those will help.  I will try though.  Its getting pretty bad though, my arms and legs ache too now not as bad as my lower back.  Walking helps but it doesn't make go away completely and sitting down is horrible.

4:35pm O:2 P:6 N:0 T:0
Ok just injected the second dose =( Hopefully the pain doesn't "build" with each one.

5:30pm O:2 P:2 N:0 T:0
What a difference an hour and 800mg of Ibuprofen makes.  I can't keep up that level of dosage though so I am going to go down to 600mg with the next dose and 400mg with the one after that and see where i can "stand" it.  My liver/kidneys are dealing with enough right now I don't' want to have such high dosages for long periods of time.  Anyway at least its not so bad now, 7 days of that would have sucked.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there Mike. I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,

    I found out that they switched me from Leukine to the Neupogen/neulasta shots for next week. I love that you are literally a week or so ahead of me and your regimen is almost exactly like mine.

    You have motivated me to start blogging again. I hope you don't mind but I added your link to my blog as well as quoted you a few times.

    www.iamtheuniballer.com
    twitter: iamtheuniballer

    Stay well, looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi =)

    Saw your post on TC-cancer forum and found out that you're just 1 day behind my husband.

    hope the pain will go off soon!! and yup ibuprofen is good for bone aches

    our story is here
    www.fionnatan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete