Friday, January 20, 2012

BEP Round 2 Day 12

Short post today, just wanted to let you all know I am feeling MUCH better today.  Eating pretty normally now, energy levels are still a bit low and I tire easier than "normal" but aside from that I am doing decent.  I have a CBC today, and I will post when I know the results but fingers crossed my counts are good because neupogen gives me fever and wonderful bone pain I have to treat medically which wipes me out.

Oh btw its MOVING DAY, or at least the first day of it.  Tonight we are going to move a few things and get the place staged and ready for tomorrow's big move day.  I will post how the CBC turned out later today.


UPDATE:
Well Boo, my white blood cells crashed AGAIN.  Nearly back down to zero =(  So its back to neupogen shots for me over the weekend.  This time though I know what to expect, gonna keep on the Ibuprofen and I have my Norco to supplement it when I need to so I should be fine.  Guess the Bleo really wipes out my cells, the Dr/Nurse again seemed confused when they asked me how I felt and I said the best so far of this Round honestly... and they don't see how that's possible with my blood counts so low HAHAHA.

Oh well, so nuepogen and pain killers will be my med of choice this weekend!

UPDATE 2:
So for the first time since I started this "cancer fun" I finally got a full statement from my treatment center.  Its interesting because it shows both last years treatment/cost profile and this year's with my new oh-so-nice insurance.  Basically for all you out there wondering, each DAY I sit down in a chemo chair it costs $4,500<->$2,500 depending on what I am getting that day and what pre-meds etc I get.  That's each.... freaking... day!!!

So previously, last year with my normal person insurance before my company decided to go bonkers and change things around.  I would pay the co-pay visit cost of $40, they would get a "Contract Discount" which I assume is an insurance company and hospital basically agreeing on LESS than the full amount.. and the insurance would cover the rest usually in the $1K-$3K range each day.  Now, however with this new plan where we cover everything up to $3,500 then they start kicking in 80% until we hit $8k (which wont' take long to hit) the bills are getting crazy.  I currently have over $12,500 outstanding on my balance sheet right now and I haven't even finished Round 2.. and I have a Round 3 and maybe 4 to look forward too.  I have told their billing department (though I haven't heard back yet) that I can give them whatever X amount each month they take out of my check for the HSA and not a penny more.  I refuse to put cancer treatment on a credit card or take out a loan... I paid all that crud out of pocket last year and I don't' want to do that again.  Its just crazy to me that these treatments are so much money.  I suppose its good I got my self out of debt before I was hit with Cancer because it seems like I am going to be paying on this for quite a while.  Fun fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment