Friday, January 13, 2012

BEP Round 2 Day 5

8:05am O:4 P:2 N:5 T:5
Moving slow this morning again, just overall flu-like feeling of tiredness and being drained.  I am very hungry but my stomach isn't in a state where eating would be good.  Once I get pre-meds in me and things settle down I will try and eat something.  Last day of the hell week, just need to hold out through it and I will be done with the worst part of Round 2!  Oh they are drawing blood to check for my levels too just in case we need to do some nuepogen shots to boost me back up.

9:45am O:2 P:1 N:2 T:3
Feeling better, got pre-meds.  Also my Dr added a new med to the mix, its a longer acting anti-nausea kinda like Emend that will last me through the weekend.  Last hell week, my weekend after was pretty hard so he says this should help taper me off a bit lighter.  Got my blood counts back and they are "ok" HGB/Red are fine... platelets are holding around 80ish since the start of chemo so not great but doing ok. WBC etc are suppressed but still in the "low-normal" range so we aren't going to do the nuepogen over the weekend.

12:30pm O:1 P:1 N:2 T:6
HELL WEEK 2 DONE! I am back home now, I feel "ok" but I know that's the pre-meds talking.  I am very tired still though just wiped in general.  I went ahead and charged the rest of the day to sick time, I need to just sleep and focus on making it through the weekend and recover.  I am going to try and kick it up a bit next week work wise and knock out some unit tests.  I have a great team at work supporting me and they really picked up some of my stuff this week.  Thanks so much guys/gals!  I am going to try and keep my meals very light and mild this weekend and avoid the horrible stomach issues I had coming down off last hell week.  So I realized today that if I only have to do 3 Rounds I am more than half way done!!!!  And even if my Dr decides I need a 4th I am still halfway done with the hell weeks so... starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel (at least for this section of treatment).  Pick of the day, sorry I was going to try and shoot a jovial silly one but honestly this reflects more how I fell so might as well be honest so many bags hooked up to me! hahahaha

9:30pm O:5 P:1 N:6 T:6
At least its predictable. Back to the crappy nighttime feeling. However, at the end of last hell week I had to do xmas eve and xmas stuff... this time I don't have to do anything so I plan to sleep.. take pills and drink water etc and nothing else. Just gonna shut down for a couple of days and try and recover. I may or may not post until my Bleo treatment monday depending on how I fell.

3 comments:

  1. hey man just wanted to say that i think you look good hope you get to felling better keep your spirits up and we will be thinking of you this weekend sounds like you have a pretty good support team around you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep in mind that this too shall pass. It is exhausting right now, but you are doing it one day at a time. You WILL get through this and come out stronger than before. I promise you. Our family is full of strong, resiliant people. Keep up the positive thinking. Things will get better. I just know it. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Mike. Thanks for sharing all that you're going through. I've been praying for you. I'm missing you at work though, so come back with all your brain power as soon as you can.

    ReplyDelete