Friday, January 6, 2012

BEP Round 1 Day 18

11:15am O:1 P:1 N:0 T:0
No big new yet today, my hair is starting to get "patchy" so probably gonna shave it soon.  The new meds are keeping my bone pain and tiredness away.  I did want to share with you all an awesome video that came out from NASA on the project I am working on.  When I look back over the years of work I have put into this program, and the years to come it always makes me proud.  We ARE a space faring people, and we need to get out there and explore beyond low earth orbit and I am helping that!!

Shameless plug for me but for those of you that don't know I work on the Orion program for NASA as a subcontractor (I work for Honeywell Aerospace directly).  Watch this video!
http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/videogallery/index.html?media_id=125642591

5:00pm O:1 P:2 N:0 T:0
4th Nuepogen shot done, that's the last one my doctor told me to do before next week.  So hopefully when I get in Monday to start CHEMO EXTRAVAGANZA #2 my counts will be back up to decent levels.  Feeling good, the meds are working well even backed the Ibuprofen back to 400mg every 4 hours, and a Norco when I feel I need it (only been 1 so far today).  I have felt good all day and I got a full work day in, AND I have been doing packing etc around the house.  My wife and I are going to focus on getting my nutrition well fortified before next week over the weekend so I am ready.  I mentioned earlier that my hair is getting a bit "patchy" but its buzzed to 1/16 " already so I am just gonna leave it like that for a while its nice to have some hair hanging around.... And its not like it falls out when I shower in huge amounts or when I rub my head so, I will keep it a bit longer.  Oh interesting side note, as I said it isn't just hair on your head that "falls out" its most places... BUT a cool plus is that normally I have to shave every day and each day its pretty thick the next morning... but during the last week or so I haven't had to shave its nice :-P

1 comment:

  1. Great video.. super cool job you have. Glad to hear your numbers are getting up and your pain is getting under control. I just did day 3 of the BEP and I still have not had any REAL effects. It is very strange, I now know the "getting the flu" feeling when you really are not sick. It is very much like not having much sleep at all. Still no nausea or metallic taste in my mouth. No pain either. Will be sleeping at the hospital tomorrow since they will not let me go home for some reason. I now see why getting treatment at the Oncologist office has its perks.

    Stay well Mike!

    ReplyDelete