Thursday, January 12, 2012

BEP Round 2 Day 4

Late start waking up this morning. Very tired. Getting premeds right now I will post an update later.

9:45am O:3 P:0 N:1 T:5
So having some serious fatigue issues today, I woke up (over an hour late) at about a 8 probably on the Tiredness scale.  I slept "ok" I guess, not super great but decent.  But I can't seem to really re-coup my losses tiredness wise.  I am deep into Round 2's hell week so my level of tiredness could be normal I suppose.  Anyway I am doing fine otherwise, my stomach is much better today and overall I feel ok kinda like I just had a really hard day yesterday working out or maybe pulled an all-nighter or something.  Just started the platinum, so I will update later how everything goes.  Still zero mouth sores which is awesome, we have done a great job staying ontop of that this time and its nice not to have to deal with that.

As for moving I felt really good last weekend and we got most of the house packed up, we have a few more things to do but we are in really good shape to move... and we get the keys Sunday (though we probably won't really start until the 21st when I got the SUPER UHAUL mover :-P )

1:05pm O:2 P:0 N:1 T:6
Done for the day, only one more day left for this round's hell week.  I am crazy tired though, I feel like this week is taking a lot more out of me than the first week did.  Though I remember more nausea and other issues the first week so I guess "just" being tired is better than all that.  The chemo day was uneventful, more bags of poison, more fluids... then done.  No reactions or any surprises today on that front.  We did find a bug, we think, in some of my code at work so that's always fun especially trying to debug remotely from a chemo chair over a shared desktop session with CRAZY lag because the hospital wifi is crud.  Hopefully I can get some rest and take a shot at fixing that later, or maybe someone on my AWESOME team back at the office will fix it before I even get a chance.. go guys go! hahahaha  Here is your chair pic of the day (hat off) feeling ok just super tired.

4:45pm O:1 P:0 N:1 T:3
I wasn't able to sleep, but I did get to relax and take a break for a while.  My mind was too focused on the work thing, and other stuff... plus "chemo tired" doesn't always let you sleep its a weird tired feeling.  Anyway, I wanted to let you all know one of the AWESOME guys on my team Nhat found a great work around for my cruddy bug which will let the delivery go out! Great job Nhat, you are one of the reasons I love working on this project.  Working with you the last 5 years has been great!  And I can come up with cleaner solution once I can think better next week HA.  Again, thanks so much for stepping up and helping me out!  Oh and someone asked me earlier in the blog if the chemo affected me mentally as well as physically and I can say YES for certain now... just reading this simple compound IF statement that Nhat sent me earlier in our debug session made me think much harder than it should have... so yes be wary of your ability to do analytically thinking at least during strong hell week, I still "got it" it just took me longer than it should have.


9:15pm O:5 P:2 N:5 T:3
Its getting much worse, this is how I remember last Thursday/Friday being as the pre-meds wore off.  My head hurts, my stomach feels horrible, and I feel like I have the flu or something.  I am not overly tired but my knees are hurting (happens when I get tired or over work them its something from high school).  I went ahead and took a promethazine, hopefully that will help turn the tide.  I might up my Ativan dose as well because it has anti-nausea properties but I am wary of over medicating the issue.



1 comment: