Thursday, January 26, 2012

BEP Round 2 Day 18

Small update, I have a Dr's appointment today to redo my blood work and see where I am count wise.  I will update it later to let everyone know.  As for how I am feeling, these neupogen shots are really taking their toll on me this time.  I have had pretty bad headaches, hot/cold flashes, and overall body ache/flu like run down feeling from them.  Sorry for it being a short post but I feel cruddy.  I will update later.


4:30pm
UPDATE: So just got back from my Dr appointment.  Good news, my blood counts are all back up!  In fact my white blood cell count is about 5x the normal range HAHAHAH super immune system :-P.  I talked to my doctor about the headaches and body "flu-like" feeling etc and he said its because my white blood cell count is so high due to the nuepogen that my body is reacting like a have an infection.  The counts will balance back out to normal in a day or so and I will feel better.  I think I am going to pop in at work tomorrow just to say hi to everyone, and maybe sync up my computer with the server while I have this cell count!

Aside from that the Dr App went well, starting Round 3 next week and we are hoping that will be the end of it. We have PET/CT scheduled for after the round and we are going to check my nodes and check for active cells (ie PET) because EC has a tendency to leave scar tissue when it dies off which can cause fault positives if you are just going to be size and not activity.  There are more things we can do treatment wise, if we need to after that but I am not going to think about that yet.

3 comments:

  1. I am sure that you will get through whatever needs to happen to get you well again. You are strong, and you have a wonderful wife who is loving and supportive. You can't lose! I love you son, and my thoughts are with you and Jenn every second of every day. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear about the cell count. Crossing fingers that round 3 is the last round!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that cell count! Thinking about you and praying for you every day. You've always been a tough guy -- you're showing the world what we've always known. What a wonderful support Jenn is! Hang in, it's sounding really great! Uncle Russ says he knows you are going to come out of this in great shape. Love you.

    ReplyDelete