Wednesday, January 11, 2012

BEP Round 2 Day 3

6:15am O:1 P:0 N:1 T:2
Actually feeling pretty good this morning. I never did end up taking a nap during the day yesterday, and while I felted pretty drained toward the end there.. I got MUCH better sleep at night, and I think a good 8 hours of solid sleep seemed to help me better than lots of little naps. Anyway, its hump day of this week and last Round this is where my symptoms really started to kick it up a notch (urgh I really dislike that show).
This is when my tongue sores started to set in, my nausea really started to ramp up, and my stomach basically refused to play nice with anything. However one thing I have noticed already that's better than last time is that metal taste isn't as bad... its certainly there especially WHILE I am getting the chemo but it doesn't seem to be lasting. Its different this time, I just can't taste much of anything. Not sure what is better.. metal taste or NOTHING taste :-P As for the comment/suggestion about a video blog, I had thought about that but even though I am devilishly handsome and witty (All be it more aerodynamic as of late).... not sure I have the skills needed to do a decent video without it looking like Blair witch project or something (which btw I can't watch more than like 3 minutes of without becoming crazy motion sick!!!!)I will leave the video work to the professionals at PTP NEW MEDIA :-P
Chemo starts at 8:30am so once we get settled etc I will give you guys an update around 9-10.. CYA!
TIP!!: Little tip for all you guys (and gals if you are cooking for your guys) I found it almost impulsive this morning that every time I handled RAW food and put it in to cook I went and washed my hands before returning to cook. No sense in risking mixing in a bit a raw "stuff" when your body has enough to deal with right now.
9:15am O:3 P:0 N:3-7 T:0
Something new has been happening. So normally "waves" of nausea have been from smells or something but this morning I am getting spikes up into the nearly vomit range for no reason. 1 was very close to the tipping point. They are doing the premeds now so hopefully that the squash that. I will update later with how it goes. Taste is still mostly "dead" which I guess is better than everything tasting like tinfoil B-)
10:15am O:1 P:1 N:2 T:1
Well not sure what happen with blogger there but it inserted all the HTML code for some reason. Jenn cleaned it up for me and emailed it back. Another new thing happen. I had some light 1-3 level pains in my left chest area. We stopped the platinum for a minute just in case but my blood pressure and heart rate were fine. It went away a so we started back up, no idea. I do have a thing when I get stressed with a very sharp pain right in the middle like in my sternum but this wasn't that. And no were near that strength. Oh well it went away and we are back off and running. BTW my nurse officially rocks. With all my issues with insurance one of my best meds is Emend but its like $900 a dose and they are being a pain about it. Well she got me a FREE dose pack voucher from their pharmacy. \(^-^)/
Awesome free expensive pills from my nurse, she rocks!
1:45pm O:1 P:0 N:2 T:4
Leaving a bit tired, with some mild nausea but that's better than I was in Round 1 so I take it as a victory.. so you get VICTORY POSE!


2:35pm O:1 P:0 N:1 T:2
Ran some errands, basic stuff and got my nice free $900 meds.  When I got home I got caught up on some work emails and... well not going to get into it but it was a surprise to say the least!

6:20pm O:1 P:0 N:0 T:0
I feel a little "off" overall, but it might be from my work thing I dealt with. Honestly, I feel pretty dern good for being halfway through my Round 2 (which could be out of 3 or 4 depending on how things go).  I got some new toys in from Amazon I am playing with and I am going to do some work for a few hours later today once I get settled.  I did a few hours starting at 5am ish when I woke up so I figure if I can get in 4-6 hours at least on these HELL WEEK days I am doing good.  I will post later if anything changes for the worst or any odd symptoms show up.  My body seems to be handling this round better for some reason.  Either my wife and my plans to "stay in front of it" this time and keep my TIPS going full force or maybe my body is just getting used to the onslaught :-P

9:35pm O:4 P:0 N:3 T:5
As is usually the case, the evenings are the worst.  Longest away from the pre-meds, I have stayed up on all my medication but it doesn't seem to really keep things at bay.  I am trying my best to stay up long enough to get a decent nights sleep until tomorrow's treatment.  My nausea is up because I was quite hungry and pulled a rookie mistake and ate a huge serving... now my stomach is hating me and when you do that it drains you and makes you feel "flu-ish" all over.. hence the Overall rating.  PORTION CONTROL, tip for the night.  Goodnight all, I am going to hope for a great morning!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for your nurse! Sounds like today has been kinda rough. Keep up your good spirit and AWESOME sense of humor. I can take a bit of credit for that! hehehehe! I love you Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you baby. Good luck with Day 4. I'm thinking of you. Stay STRONG...

    ReplyDelete