Sunday, January 8, 2012

BEP Round 1 Day 20

11:15pm O:2 P:0 N:0 T:0
So, tomorrow is the start of Chemo Extravagaza #2 ie "hell week". I am a bit apprehensive about it honestly. I thought since I had been through it before, knowing would make it easier but it really isn't. I know the crud I am in for, and how crappy it will get later in the week. But I have high hopes that with my tips, and trying to stay in front of it this time we can do better!!

In related news, for those of you that follow on day 13 my hair started falling out (all over). Well over the last couple of days I have had an itchy neck, but I just bought some new tshirts so I thought maybe it was just that. BUT I noticed today that my collar and the couch were covered in little 1/16" hairs (remember I buzzed it to 1/16" when it was patchy). So that's what has been irritating my neck, so I figured its time to just shave it. Now I might be wrong but I think I was born with hair on my head so.. this would be the first time I have EVER been bald. Posted for your viewing pleasure :-P





6 comments:

  1. Yup, little blonde hairs all over your head at birth. Stay strong son, you are doing GREAT. It's normal to be apprehensive, but you will get through this week more prepared than the last time. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you look good bald Mike! Have you noticed only the hair on your head? Or also leg and arm hair.

    Keep strong for your next round. You have been a great motivator for blogging, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dane, well its "other" places too chest, underarms, nether-regions. Basically anywhere you have hair that is actively growing... arm hair for example grows to length X then stops so I don't think its as affected I haven't noticed any issues there anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know. Thanks Mike. I still have not felt any real side effects from Hell Week but I am starting to get a bit of the nausea feeling today. I go in the next 2 Wednesdays for my Bleo fix then we find out if the tumors are reacting to the chemo. If not surgery.. Not sure which I prefer at this point though.

    What advice do you have for someone for the first few days after hell week? I am feeling the exhaustion this morning and missing my Dex steroid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sleep, force your self to eat something even if its just chick broth and rice. And you cna get a perception for dex and it does help. You can only take it 2 days in a row though but i like to take the the 2 days after hell week to help calm down my stomach etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look awesome bald. Welcome to the club. Its cool (even if its just temporary). But you should think about it, you really do look good.

    ReplyDelete