Monday, January 16, 2012

BEP Round 2 Day 8

So I survived the weekend.  It was pretty bad at times, fighting mostly stomach and nausea related issues and just overall crazy tired.  What's odd about the "tiredness" is that I could be at a T:6 and sleep for a few hours and wake up and feel like I got no sleep at all.  And as nice as we were to my stomach eating light things, it still chose to rebel pretty bad this weekend.  I wouldn't say worse than last hell week's weekend recovery time but just different. So on Saturday I mostly slept all day, I woke up to eat/drink/take pills and be somewhat awake for short periods of time but most of the time I spent knocked out.  Sunday I was a tiny bit more active but being awake also exposed me more to my stomach problems so it was a mixed bag.  As for today I do feel better overall, but my body/mind still aren't cooperating 100% yet.  For those of you out there asking about the mental impacts of chemo they became much more clear this weekend and toward the end of hell week. Having a conversation sometimes it was hard to keep my train of thought or come up with a word I wanted to say.  And doing little things on the internet or responding to work emails required MUCH more effort mentally to stay focused and get my thoughts out than normal.

As for new symptoms/side effects, I do have a bit more ringing in my ears but its still pretty rare and certainly not constant or annoying just yet.  My pinky fingers are showing signs of "numbness" or tingling which peaked on friday and seems to be a bit better by today.

On the lighter side of things, Jenn and I got the keys to our new place yesterday.  So the moving shall commence soon!  We are still packing up here at the house, and really most of it will happen next weekend with the help of her parents and I think her cousins but it will be nice to get into the new place.

12:00pm O:3 P:0 N:2 T:2
So my Bleo dose is at 2pm today, where they will draw blood and see if I need any neupogen so I will update with the status of that as well.  Once I get there and get all settled I will do another post.  I did unfortunately lose another ~7.5 lbs over the hell week recovery weekend so I am sure my nurse is gonna
give me a hard time about that HAHAHA.


8:00pm O:2 P:0 N:2 T:5
Sorry I didn't update sooner, its been a busy day.  So my Bleo treatment went fine, uneventful.  My cell counts came back "ok" not great, still suppressed but not bottomed out like that one time.  We are going to draw blood twice a week to find crashes so we can stay ahead of it with neupogen at least that's the plan.  I am still having stomach issues but I think they are starting to clear, I have been able to eat a bit more today so that's good.  I really want to start getting a bit more work done, especially since last week whooped me up so much, and I have some things I really need to do this week (and some tonight) so I am hoping I can get that all done.  Nothing crazy urgent, thankfully my team back at work really stepped up and got our delivery out without me there which was so great of them, but I don't want to slip too far behind on stuff because there is always a "new" problem around the corner!  As this week progresses I will start to feel more normal, and I am even hoping to go into work maybe Friday for a little while both to sync up my work and to say hi to everyone.  When you spend 50-60 hours or more a week with a bunch of people its very odd to NOT see them all the time I feel very secluded and cut off quarantined to the house HAHAHA.

1 comment:

  1. hope you have a great day glad you guys got yall a new place hope you can get back to work soon know that will help some keep your spirits up things will get better

    ReplyDelete